Monday, June 27, 2011
This is my first attempt at painting. I used little tube watercolors without much water for more vibrant colors. A painter I am NOT! hahaI had a friends daughter over to make cake pops. It was my first attempt ever. These are carrot cake pops that look like meatballs. lol
Here is the finished product...
We also made peanut butter brownie pops. MMM!
They weren't perfect but they sure did taste good!
I had a good time today...sharing my love of crafts with a 9 year old who also is a craftaholic. :)
And, here is what was inside. Colorful fun.
I got them from Pick Your Plum. I haven't put any together yet but, you can see from the red one, how it will look. I bought 3 sets. I guess I'll keep one and give the others away. The bobby pins look like stabbers but the cute little flower that you glue on makes it worthwhile. lol
Sunday, June 26, 2011
Boy, these weeks are flying by...it feels like I just did a highs and lows post but...here I go again. :) Love looking back over my week so that they don't all justl seem like a blur. Thanks Jen!
1. I'm branching out and starting a new Relay for Life team. A friend just gave me $100.00 for next year's registration fee!!
2. I found a great little desk at a friends yard sale for 20 bucks!
3. My Kitty Litter cake (that I copied from you, Jen) was a huge hit at church today.
4. I'm making cake pops and brownie pops with a friends daughter tomorrow. Yay for having someone to share crafting with when I don't have little ones anymore.
1. My diabetes is getting out of control and if I don't shape up by August, I'll have to go on Insulin. :o
2. I'm tired and I have a packed week coming up.
3. I can't find just the right skinny table for my hallway. :/
4. The weekend is over.
All in all...not terrible lows.
Monday, June 20, 2011
Here are my Highs and Lows of the past week...
1. I was able to catch up with a friend I hadn't seen in awhile.
2. Relay for Life was a successful event.
3. Relay for Life is OVER! :)
4. Our team won for best camp site decor. Yay!
1. Relay for Life is over...it's a high and low. High because it's so much work! And low because it's so much fun. :)
2. Tried out a new yarn store with my son and a friend only to get there and find out it was closed for a few weeks due to flooding! Bummer
Can't really think of any more lows...hmmm...that's a good thing!
Our team won for best campsite decor. Yay!
I am so thankful for my husband and friends who helped me and made my ideas become a reality.
Monday, June 13, 2011
Jennifer at Life, Crafts, and Whatever has a link party every week where she highlights her highs and lows of the week. It's fun to read and even more fun to link up. It's a great way to look back on our week and see how blessed we are. Let's show our fellow blogger some support and link up here... http://lifecraftsandwhatever.blogspot.com/2011/06/highs-lows-and-favor.html
Here are my highs and lows:
1. Went to the Star Wars Concert at the Hollywood Bowl last Saturday. It was a blast to see my little nephews reaction.
2. My wonderful sister in law paid for our Star Wars concert tickets. :)
3. I was hired to do an extra job at church which equals extra money...always a welcome thing.
4. Had fun shopping with friends. Discovered a GREAT scrapbook store in my very own city!
5. Reached my fundraising goal for the Relay for Life.
1. Did not feel well most of the week.
2. Had to get lab work done.
3. Results of said lab work...not good. :( Well, except for my cholesterol results...those were great! :)
4. Hmm...can't think of any more lows. It's always a good thing when the highs outweigh the lows.
Monday, June 6, 2011
Here is the one thing that I can't live without...my beloved blow dryer! It's nothing special except that it holds the key to me having straight hair as opposed to funky disorganized curls. I usually have two dryers on hand in case one konks out! This Revlon brand is Ionic and has 1875 watts. I liked the price and that it was pink...not the typical black or grey. It would have been even better in purple but by purchasing this one, some amount of money went to breast cancer research.
The next best thing after my blow dryer is my flat iron. I wish I could afford a professional one but this one does a pretty good job. It's a Conair. One thing I hate about it...my hair often gets caught in the plates. Ugh!
Last and least, is my curling iron. Also Conair brand. I use this maybe twice a month.
Ok, so there is my ritual and review of my favorite products.
Stir fry veggies were added in... seemed like it was mostly broccoli so I added in some chopped peppers. I covered it with a lid and let simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Here is the finished product. I need better lighting...