These link parties are so much fun. The host is awesome to provide space for all of us to share our projects. It's like a one stop craft fair. Tons of ideas all on one page!
Let's see...here we are at the close of another Monday. I'm linking up to
1. I had lunch with a dear friend to celebrate my birthday.
2. I attended our Relay Wrap Up Party. Woo Hoo!
3. Hung out with my good friend on Wednesday. We had lunch at our fave...Panera! Then it was off to dinner to celebrate my son Matt's birthday a little early.
4. Had a beach day with a couple of friends and their kids. We stayed late for a bonfire.
5. Headed to Splash in La Mirada with friends and their kids. That place is awesome! Wish it was there when my kids were little.
6. Friday was my son's birthday. Happy 22nd Matt!!
7. Got my hair trimmed and styled on Saturday. It's always a blast to have someone else do my hair. hee hee
1. One of the pastors at our church is moving to San Diego to be the teaching pastor at another church. Big loss for us.
2. Hmmm...can't really think of anything else...that's good right? I know I wasn't giddy all week but if whatever irritated me doesn't stand out...that's what I call a good week. :)
Have a great week!
So, I just read about this great snail mail swap. Sounds like fun...I'm definitely in. Check it out at http://seaweedandraine.blogspot.com/2011/07/sunshine-in-mail-swap.html
It's that time again..
1. Ended up NOT having to pick up my brother and nephew from the airport. No driving to LAX...yay!
2. Went to a seminar on the gastric bypass...excited about getting info.
3. Wrote an essay for a contest that I've been putting off.
4. Organized some crafting space in my late son's room.
1. Medical professionals increased my diabetes medicine...again! Arg!
2. Seminar on gastric bypass left me confused. I was gung ho going in and now...I'm doubting it.
3. Essay made me cry because it's about my son dying and recognizing the true meaning of love.
4. Changing Andrew's room was hard. Feels like I'm wiping some of the memories away. :'(
Even with the sadness, it was a good week. I felt like I accomplished a lot.
Loving Jen at http://lifecraftsandwhatever.blogspot.com!!!
So, I'm linking up to one of my favorite link parties...Highs and Lows.
Last weeks highs:
1. It was a four day work week for my husband. I'm happy when he gets a day off. :)
2. Had a swim day with a few friends and 10 of their kids!! Always fun for this mom of adults.
3. A good friend helped me clean the yard behind my garage and then we grilled burgers. He sweats, I cook. Sounds like a deal to me.
4. Friday was my birthday (42) and I had lunch with two of my closest friends. We spent the day hanging out at Panera and Target. Then I went to dinner with my husband...plus a stop at the Bath and Body Shop for my Moonlight Path lotion and body spray. Mmm!
5. Swim day with my sisters in law and my niece (1) and nephew (4).
6. Sunday dinner with another close friend for my b-day.
Last weeks Lows:
1. It was hella HOT!!! (Do people even say "hella" anymore? Well, I do...in my head anyway.)
2. One of my friends left her 3 kids in my care while swimming and they got a little sunburned. In my defense...I asked them if they had sunscreen on. :/
3. Said friend kept me waiting most of the day til he came to help with yard. He was supposed to come at 2:30. He didn't get here til almost 6 pm. On the plus side...he did call to let me know.
4. Said sisters in law were LATE! Like almost 2 hours late. Again...at least they let me know.
I have a little problem with tardiness. Good thing I love these latebirds. :D
What are your highs and lows? Link up here...
I'm participating in World Port's Creativity Expo. I would like to invite you all to join as well. Hurry! The deadline to request your free craft supplies has been extended but ends tomorrow!!
Welcome to WholePort’s…
Every day, YOU, our customers inspire us with your vibrant ideas and push us to see the beauty, the ingenuity, and the creativity that we would have never otherwise seen ourselves. So we would like to return the favor. We’ll give you the free supplies. We’ll provide the free shipping. All we’d like YOU to do is to go on a Create-a-thon. Use the supplies you receive to help create what you’ve always dreamed of creating. Unleash your inner craftaholic! Let your imagination run WiLd! We can’t wait to see what you come up with.
So you want to PARTICIPATE?
That pesky little FINE PRINT…
The deadline for requesting one of the nine crafting supply packs is July 9th 2011 JULY 14th 2011 at11:59 EST.
The competition to receive a $50 coupon to www.wholeport.com will continue until August 1st 2011AUGUST 15th 2011 at 11:59 EST.
…Please quickly check out our Creativity Expo FAQ section. Or if you have even more questions or comments on WholePort, the Creativity Expo, crafting, or life in general, please don’t hesitate to list them in the comments section below or to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .