Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A crafting I will go...

Here are some of the latest things I've been working on. I've seen this idea on a few other blogs so I thought I'd give it a try. Maybe these wreath forms weren't the best style as they are not smooth. Oh well, I think they came out ok.

This was my first attempt at decoupage. The heart was my tester. I used some cheap Target dollar bin scrapbook paper and it bubbled. I tried to tear it off and wasn't very successful. I then thought, "Hmmm, what if I added paint to the Mod Podge?" I mixed in a little pink paint and coated the torn part of the frame. The little yellow button at the top left was my "let's see how Mod Podge works as a glue" test. Since these frames only cost a dollar at Michael's, it wasn't an expensive test.

The frame on the left was my second try. I used better paper and it worked great!

I found this square plate on clearance at Wal-Mart for $2.00 and I used acrylic paint pens to draw and decorate the butterflys, then I added some wall stickers (that I got at the Dollar Tree) for extra punch. I think it came out really cute. :) I've been having lots of fun. It feels good to be creating and crafting again.




1 comment: