Sunday, March 27, 2011

Thanksgiving in March



One of my besties gave me a turkey so I decided that Saturday would be Thanksgiving in March at our house. I got up early (for a Saturday) and got the turkey ready for the oven using my mom's "recipe". I plunked that sucker in the oven and half hour later, I realized that I didn't turn the oven on!

Soon it was time to get busy making the mashed potatoes. As the potatoes were boiling I got busy chopping up the onion, celery and carrots for the stuffing. When that was done, I started on the creamed corn. I use the Summit House recipe. Delicious!! Ok, back to the potatoes...drain, smash, add milk, salt and butter. Taste. Ready.

Saute veggies and finish up the stuffing. Done. Put creamed corn in the oven. Check. Then it was time for the easy stuff...opening the can of whole cranberries and the can of gravy. Whew!

My husband put the brown and serve rolls in the toaster oven, buttered them when they were done and carved the turkey.

In all my craziness, jumping from one dish to the other, I forgot to take pictures...which brings me to today. I made turkey pot pie. You can see the before and after pictures. I didn't get any comments from my son but my husband LOVED it! I thought it was pretty good too. :) Mmm, Mmm

No comments:

Post a Comment