Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Church Food

Here's a dish I made for church on Sunday. I work at Whittier Area Community Church hosting the coffee cart. In the kitchen, I make food for people that are there a good chunk of the morning...like our dear ushers. I usually have a crock pot full of something. It tends to be some kind of egg dish but every once in awhile, I like to mix it up.

This is Penne Pasta covered with Ragu Traditional Spaghetti sauce simmered with ground beef, ground turkey and ground Italian sausage. Whenever I use spaghetti sauce from a jar, I add in some Italian seasonings, oregano and basil. This gives the Ragu a little more of a homemade flavor. I sprinkled some grated Parmesan on top along with some mozzarella mixed in for good measure. :)

Everyone at church enjoyed it but my son said it had a little too much garlic. I didn't add any garlic so it must have been from the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment